Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Renovation, Days 12-14

We're two weeks into this renovation!  In theory that means we're halfway done.  I'm not sure what the reality is.  I'm not asking yet.  But things are definitely moving along.

Our bay window is gone! Don't worry, a new one (with no termite damage! awesome!) is on the way.  But also the hole in the house is gone, now we can work on getting the furnace fixed and running!  Words couldn't do justice to explaining how tired I am of painting in the cold.  Or how tired my co-painters are of hearing me talk about how I'll never get warm again.

Um, there's an old roof in our backyard. (But a new one on the house!  So we'll take it!)

Blogging on the back deck. Apparently I make this face whenever anyone* points a camera at me?
*including my darling son, who took this picture

These arched doorways are one of Mark's favorite things about the new house, and I have to admit I like them a lot too, especially now that the paint and trim work is done in here!  (Not in the kitchen, ignore that part.)  Also the fact that this banister is no longer black, but white to match the rest of the trim, is still making me insanely happy.  :)

My sweet girls Anneliese and Bowden love all the activity on our new busier street:

Look, I totally took pictures of the house progress this time.  Someday I'll catch our builder Brad working away and capture his smiling face for bloggity posterity.  He's kind of cute.  Just sayin'. Til then...

1 comment:

EMU said...

Ohhhh, the trim on the archways looks awesome!