Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Renovation, Days 23-27

This weekend was a strange combination of feeling great about how much progress we're making.... and feeling completely overwhelmed by how much work still needs to be done, how much it's costing us, and how we've spent money in a few short weeks that took us years to save.  It's both scary and exciting.  I think I might or might not be too pregnant (or just generally emotionally volatile) to handle this kind of project gracefully.

But.  It will get done.  It will get paid for and it will get done.

Here's Mark painting the trim in our downstairs half-bath.  I think he looks even hotter than normal when he's working on our new house. ;)

Nick, working on the same bathroom.  I am ashamed to say *I* took this picture, not Nathan, although it looks like it was done with the mad photography skillz of a three-year-old: 

Our new bay window for the bonus room is finally in!  I love it and it makes me oh so happy!  Now who wants to make me a cushion for the window seat bench?

Another Nathan is either doing touchups or yelling at me to not take his picture.  It's one of those.  Maybe a little of both.

Somehow I hadn't been making many lists for the renovation itself, but I finally remedied that... and I am so much calmer and feeling better about what all needs to get done and when/how it's going to happen.  Yes, I took pictures of my lists.  Roll your eyes if you must.

Master bath color samples.  *Sigh*  Yes, I'm at it again.  I picked none of these three, for the record.

Nathan and Anneliese have gotten very good at entertaining themselves if we need to work some while they're awake.  Some days are easier than others.  This is one of the good days, playing together in Anneliese's huge new room (yes, we're giving our middle child the biggest bedroom -- somewhere out there, Ashley is hip-hip-horraying):

In just a few weeks (because it *will* get done) we will be living here!  Wow.

3 comments:

marmie said...

the lists are great........but the SCRATCH OFFS on the lists are even better. Can't wait to see the house- and YOU!

Debbie said...

Hope you're doing well. Have enjoyed watching and reading about the progress on the house. When do you think y'all will move in? Good luck!

Jenny said...

I'm not a master, but I can sew. I could have a go at a pillow for the window, but I can't promise that it will be amazing. But I could try if you wanted.