Monday, March 21, 2011

Renovation, Days 15-19

Happy spring!  It's still quite cool in our new house, but the weather outside is awesomely warm, and every hour I've spent painting has included several longing glances outside (at the dump of a death trap that is our current pool situation), wishing I were in a lounge chair or splashing in the clean water with my kiddos.  All in good time, right? For now, I'm happy with the progress so far. 

Painting the trim in our bedroom:
Full disclosure:
That bag of doritos was totally mine, not Mark's.
Likewise the package of oreos cropped out of this shot.

And now I like the color we chose even more than before; the fresh trim makes it look even better: 
Trying all those sample colors was totally worth it!

Living room trim is done, and fireplace is scrubbed (there's nothing several buckets of oxyclean and a fair amount of elbow grease won't fix, right?) and painted:

Living room: fireplace before and after

Painting the trim in Sprout's nursery:
Getting ready for baby!

Sprout's room, complete with hand-me-down crib from Nathan's church friend Frank:
I remain secretly jealous of the dormer windows in each of my children's bedrooms.

The bulk of this weekend was spent painting the kitchen trim, including all the cabinets.  We had a little helper underfoot at times:
Can I climb this? Can I touch that?
Does the paint on my chin go with my outfit?

But Another Nathan has mastered a new kind of multi-tasking:

Even like this, he's a better painter than Mark and I are.
Be impressed.  Be very impressed.

A black and white kitchen isn't exactly my taste, but black and white is so much better than black and cream (all together now: ewwww), and wow does this fresh white paint make it look better in here now!

white > cream

Still lots more painting to do.  Lots more renovating to do, in general.  Hopefully we can slow down the hemorrhage of renovation dollars and get everything done!

3 comments:

Dot said...

Wow! How big is this house? Can’t wait to see it. And I guess it has a pool to go with it?

merritt said...

It looks awesome. I like the kitchen. I wouldn't choose black and white, either, but it's really a good, clean, crisp look.

Emily said...

I agree with Merritt, the look is very crisp and clean. I am LOVING all the white trim!! One of these days, we'll get around to doing that!